1. Emailed Entries must be no more than 5mb
2. Entrants must be aged over 15 years
3. Entries will comprise of one entry per person/group.
4. Entries must be entrants own cover version of a song.
5. The closing date for receipt of entries is Monday 19th February 2018 or such late date as may be advised on this website or on JOE.ie & Her.ie
6. All entries must be accompanied by contact details of entrant.
7. This competition is open only to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
8. Employees and family members of employees or persons directly associated with Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Maximum Media or Le Crunch from France are not eligible to enter this competition.
9. All entrants agree to be bound by the rules of the competition; failure on the part of any entrant to adhere to any or all of these rules will render the entry in question invalid. Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
10. Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media will keep prize winner(s) personal details for a reasonable time in order that prizes can be sent to the prize winner(s); rules can be verified to have been complied with and for accounting purposes. The prize winner(s) details may only be passed onto third parties or sponsors for the purpose of delivering the prize.
11. The 10 best entries chosen by our panel of adjudicators will be available on the JOE.ie/Her.ie website for public vote
12. Contestants must be available to travel and perform live at Whelans, Dublin, on Wednesday 14th March 2018.
13. Some of the best entries will be played onsite or on social media throughout the competition but this does not secure a place in the competition Final for the corresponding entries.
14. 10 semi-finalists will be required to travel to Dublin in advance of the final to be profiled onsite in a video interview –You must be available for this if you are a semi-finalist.
15. 5 finalists will be selected to perform at the National Final on March 14th 2018. These will be selected by the following: 3 by the panel of adjudicators, 2 by public vote on-line. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity (photographs, interviews quotations etc). No fee will be paid.
17. Copyright of all original material entered in this competition is retained by the author. By submitting an entry, participants grant to Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch Apples and Maximum Media, jointly or individually, the right to reproduce the entry (in full or in part or in modified form) on the website or in such other publication or medium, now in existence or yet to be devised, as Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch Apples and Maximum Media might nominate, without payment. Without limitation to the foregoing, the previously mentioned parties can assign or dispose of their rights to third parties, with no fee payable to the entrants.
18. Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland & Le Crunch From France reserve the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the competition without prior notice where due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control.
19. Copyright of all original material entered in this competition is retained by the author. By submitting an entry, participants grant to Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media the right to reproduce the entry (in full or in part) on the websites (JOE.ie / Her.ie / ouitolecrunchmusic.com), social media platforms (JOE.ie / Her.ie / Le Crunch from France) or in such other publication as Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media, might nominate, without payment.
20. Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media reserve the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the competition or alter the specification of the competition without prior notice should that specified be unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
21. Notwithstanding that the winners may have been declared, if Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France or Maximum Media discover before the distribution of prizes that for any reason under these rules a winner should have been ineligible to enter the competition or if the entry should have been declared invalid. E.g. Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media reserve the right to determine that a contestant(s) is disqualified.
22. Advertised prizes may be replaced with prizes of equal or greater value at the discretion of Real Nation or Sopexa Ireland, prizes are also non-transferable, and will only be awarded to the prizewinner.
23. Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media will ensure that all prizes are delivered within 28 days of winning. Where this is not possible, the winner(s) will be notified of a delay.
24. When, due to circumstances beyond our control, a prize is not available, Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France and Maximum Media reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
25. Canvassing of adjudicators will result in automatic disqualification.
26. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the judging process and the decision of the judges will be final.
27. Shortlisting will be carried out by Real Nation, Sopexa Ireland, Le Crunch from France, Blue Monkey and Maximum Media. The final adjudication panel will comprise of representatives from Real Nation, Blue Monkey, Sopexa Ireland, Maximum media, and 3 guest judges
Overall Winner: €1500 cash prize fund.
Runners up (x 4): €250 each
Competition entries must be
• emailed to LeCrunch@MaximumMedia.ie with your file attached or a link to your Youtube video included in the body of the email. You must also send your contact details in the email.
• sent via Facebook to Joe.ie/Her.ie in a private message or publicly on your page using the hashtag #LeCrunchSongs – in this instance you will be contacted for your contact details should you be shortlisted as a semi-finalist
• via Twitter Post your video publicly using the hashtag #LeCrunchSongs– you will be contacted for you contact details should you be shortlisted as a semi-finalist
Le Crunch Apple of My Eye Song Contest
Real Nation, 24 Arran Quay, Dublin 7.
Le Crunch Hotline:01 522 4838
Deadline: Monday 19th February 2018